Friday, April 6, 2007

GERRY FROM GREENSBURG, PA


My mother in law Gerry has already been an inspiration to many of the members of the over 65 computer club. She got her first laptop computer in 2005 when she was eighty five years old. I have shared her story with about every one of my students who qualify for this club. While she was in the hospital recovering from the removal of her spleen she kept talking about wanting to get started sending email to her grand children. She believes that dreams of using her new computer helped speed her recovery. With a few quick lessons from me she was on line and up and running.



Let's read some of Gerry's own stories about using her computer. She sent these to me via email.
Hi Keith, was glad to see my picture appear in the computer club.Now I know a few more people are writing too.I just got through reading the great adventures our grandsons accomplished out West at Mount Olympus and the beautiful pictures they sent! Thanks so much to Keith for getting me involved,I love every minute of it. I get a little bored with the TV and I'm back to the computer. It's a great way to keep in touch with the big family we have. I always have a few pictures to take to my card club so I can keep them up with my grandkids. I have learned to manage my printer pretty well. Thanks again to Keith!

No comments: